Robert Price Builders’ Merchants in South Wales is celebrating its 170th anniversary this year. To celebrate this milestone, the Robert Price Charity Challenge Team has embarked on a series of activities throughout the year, aiming to complete 170 Miles to mark 170 Years.
Over a number of different events, the team has now completed the ‘170 for 170’ challenge, racking up an impressive 174 miles across the event calendar. With everything from running to rafting, cycling to cricket, the 170th Anniversary celebrations have been a huge success.
Fundraising along the way has so far raised £2800 for Macmillan Cancer Support, as well as £100 for St David’s Hospice Care and £50 for Shelter Cymru too. The company thanks all of its sponsors and supporters.
Highlights included numerous personal bests at the Cardiff Half Marathon, 15th place overall at Monmouth Raft Race and conquering the hills of South Wales on the Cycle Sportive.
The 2018 Robert Price events have a tough act to follow!
Event Calendar (All Complete)
- South Wales Three Peaks Challenge (22 Miles)
- Caerphilly 10K (6.2 Miles)
- Brecon to Pontypool Canal Cycle Challenge (35 Miles)
- Monmouth Raft Race (6.5 Miles)
- Cardiff 10K (6.2 Miles)
- Walking the Wye (19 Miles)
- Cardiff Half Marathon (13.1 Miles)
- Heritage Coast Path Walk (14 Miles)
- Castles & Cathedrals Cycle Sportive (52 Miles)
Just Giving page: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/170for170
Further event information: www.robert-price.co.uk/html/robert-price-complete-170-for-170-challenge.html