Elliotts installs 24-hour defibrillators

Elliotts installs 24-hour defibrillators

A number of communities across Hampshire will have 24/7 access to life-saving defibrillators thanks to investment from Elliotts. Defibrillators with 24-hour access have been installed outside branches in Southampton, Ringwood, Lymington and Portsmouth.

Founded in 1842, the company recently celebrated its 175th anniversary and is one of the oldest family businesses in the South and with branches stocking a wide range of materials to help the trade and public build.

In addition to those detailed above, branches in Fareham, Bishop’s Waltham, Chandler’s Ford, Christchurch, Romsey, Tadley, Totton and Winchester have defibrillators located in-branch available to the local community during opening hours.

The potentially life-saving devices can increase the cardiac arrest survival rate to between 60-70%, with normal CPR giving just a 10% chance. If defibrillation occurs within one minute of the victim collapsing, they have a 90% chance of survival. The installation of defibrillators within local communities may prove a vital resource.

The investment from Elliotts comes after first aid refresher training highlighted the importance of defibrillators.

“It was easy to see how vital these machines can be in terms of the potential to save the life of an employee, customer or anyone nearby to an Elliotts that may need one.”, said Tom Elliott, Managing Director of Elliotts. “I’m pleased that the investment will benefit all the communities in our 13 locations.”


Related posts