In response to market conditions and customer demand, leading commercial vehicle sales company MAC’s Truck Sales Ltd has announced plans to launch a dedicated commercial vehicle truck rental business to complement its long established truck sales operation.
With effect from September 15th 2015, MAC’s Truck Rental & Leasing Co Ltd will commence business based at the same head office site as MAC’s Truck Sales in Huddersfield, and the Yorkshire company has already invested over £10 million in brand-new vehicles as part of its launch programme, promising immediate availability of vehicles for short, medium and long term rental customers.
With the backing of its long established and successful parent company, MAC’s Truck Rental will focus on specialist vehicle types including skip vehicles, hook loaders, crane mounted trucks, beaver tail/cheese wedge rigids, as well as tipper trucks and tipper grab trucks, with DAF, Volvo and Scania being the predominant vehicle marques in the MAC’s Truck Rental range.
In recent years, parent company MAC’s Truck Sales has noticed a distinct change in vehicle acquisition trends in the marketplace, with more and more customers moving to leasing and renting of vehicles, rather than outright purchase. With this in mind, and using the skills that the company has developed over the 43 years it has been in business, MAC’s Truck Rental will now be targeting those companies specifically looking to rent vehicles. To launch this new business venture, MAC’s is backing it with over £10 million worth of brand new state-of-the-art Euro VI trucks with WVTA approved bodies from day one.
MAC’s Truck Rental will bring a new and dynamic approach to this market sector by offering customers the benefit of immediate availability of specialised vehicle types that would normally have long production lead times, if they were being purchased outright. By committing to a significant investment in new vehicles well ahead of the launch, Mac’s Truck Rental is able to offer its customers vehicles almost literally off-the-shelf, with all of them being brand-new Euro VI models, supplied with full manufacturer’s warranty covering the chassis and the body, and backed by nationwide after-care.
The initial £10 million investment in new vehicles is only the beginning for MAC’s Truck Rental, as the Yorkshire-based company is further committed to growing the range of vehicle types as the rental business develops.
Initially, the range of vehicles available for rental from MAC’s Truck Rental will cover:
- Skip trucks — new DAF LF220 18t rigid chassis with VDL extended arm skip equipment
- Hook loader trucks — Scania and DAF 32t rigid trucks with VDL hook loaders bodies and sheeting systems
- Beavertail bodied trucks — new Scania and DAF 32t 8×2 and 26t 6×2 rigid chassis with MAC designed beavertail bodies
- Cheese wedge trucks — DAF, Scania and Volvo 32t and 26t rigids, again with MAC designed cheese wedge bodies
- Crane trucks — a range of rigid chassis with either beavertail or cheese wedge body types, fitted with FASSI or Palfinger cranes, covering 15t per metre to 100t per metre reach
- Tipper trucks — DAF and Scania 32t 8×4 rigid tippers specified with Thompson bodies and fitted with sheeting systems and air tailgates.
- Tipper grab rigids will also be available with Epsilon cranes/grabs
Further information on the full range of vehicles available from MAC’s Truck Rental can be viewed on the company’s website, at www.macstrucks.co.uk/rental.